In just about a month, I’m flying to Madrid for a nice two-week holiday. Sounds very boring, but no, it’s not a Benidorm holiday, for there is no beach, no extreme heat (the temperatures in March are around 15 degrees Celsius and there is a lot more to do than tan all day long, 8 hours a day.
What makes this holiday special is that it will be an immersion into the Spanish culture. For two weeks, we shall be Madrilenians. Here’s the programme of our trip:
- Spanish classes, four hours, five times a day
- A two-room piso in the heart of the city
- Siesta after the classes in the early afternoon
- Run through the Parque del Retiro to – finally – get rid of the Christmas overweight
- Tapas and cañas, at home or in the bustling streets
- Spanish books without a €30.00 shipping fee
Exciting, right? It was a lot easier to organise than I had thought. There are plenty of language schools in Madrid, affordable apartments and flights were rather easy to find as well. I’m looking forward to experience Madrid in a more in-depth fashion than during my first visit.
Let’s reach that B2 level!
Picture: Wikipedia Commons, Jorge6880